Apple Introduces a New Sales and Trends Area
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
It's been a while since Apple refreshed it's iTunes connect dashboard for developers but today they announced a new look and feature set to the aging "Sales and Trends" area of the website. In a letter sent to developers, they said:
"We have released a new version of Sales and Trends on iTunes Connect that introduces interactive features to help you better understand your sales data."
You now have the ability to:
- View sales within a selected time period
- Group your sales data (for example, by territory)
- Filter sales by one or more values (for example, by app name and transaction type)
- See your estimated proceeds (in U.S. dollars)
A quick glance at the new dashboard and off the bat I can say it's very different. You can now instantly see paid, free, and refunded apps in a summary view, along with territory and platform information. There are also new chart graphics to help you visualize everything on the screen as well, and you can filter by Territory, Platform, Category, Content, and Transaction.
I wish they would have included subscription data for apps that require subscriptions. It will be nice the day they offer the ability to know who is subscribed to one of your apps and how much monthly revenue you are getting from those subscriptions. They have included downloadable reports in this refresh though, which include Newsstand data.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more