Posted 8/26/2014 5:16:17 PM by RICHARD HARRIS
AT&T is going to give away $100,000 during a 24-hour Hackathon as part of Super Mobility Week in Las Vegas. The Hackathon, app presentations, and judging will take place on September 6-7, and the finalist judging, awards & VIP Party will be held on September 8. There is no charge to compete, however developers are encouraged to sign up prior to the hackathon.
The event will be held at the Chelsea Theater, located in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. The hackathon is designed to promote innovative thinking around apps and services to mobilize life at home and in the car.
The contest includes a Connected Car Challenge with 1st Place - $10,000, 2nd Place - $6,000 and 3rd Place - 4,000. The Home Automation Challenge also pays 1st Place - $10,000, 2nd Place - $6,000 and 3rd Place - $4,000
AT&T’s Accelerator Awards include: Women in Tech – $5,000; Student – $5,000; Unified Challenge – $5,000; MakerBot/Hardware Solution – $5,000; Nordic Semiconductor – $5,000; and ESRI – $1,000.
Hackathon Sponsored Accelerator Prizes include Samsung- $5,000; Volvo- $5,000; Nordic Semi-Conductor - $5,000; Telecommunication Systems (TCS) - $5,000; Digital Life/Alljoyn - $5,000; and Esri – $1,000.
Local Motors Rally Fighter will be at the event and developers can hack the IoT Connected Local Motors Rally Fighter and interact with the vehicle by operating an AllJoyn enabled version of OctoBlu’s software on a Raspbery Pi, or control the Developers can interfacing with the onboard systems, or adding entirely new systems to the car.
Other sponsors are bringing the latest gadgets, tools, services and yes – cars – for developers to use as they build apps for the car and home and compete for cash and prizes.
Super Mobility Week
The AT&T Hackathon is being hosted during the CTIA Super Mobility Week 2014 to be held on September 9 – 11 at the Las Vegas Sands Expo and Convention Center.
Why attend Super Mobility Week? The event organizers provide 29 reasons why:
29. Millions of connections will be made between 5 floors of activity.
28. 1,100+ exhibitors (200+ first-timers) and 34 tech zones and pavilions, all on 275,000 square feet of exhibit space, which is 30% larger than last year.
27. From the LA Auto Show to NAHB and IAPP, you can connect and exchange ideas and solutions with pros across our explosive mobile ecosystem.
26. Witness the 1st ever transatlantic co-location with IFA - see the global broadcast of the CTIA opening keynote in action and get breaking news from Europe as it develops!
25. Celebrate Oktoberfest at Super Mobility Week with German beer and live Bavarian music at the Prost! Beer Garden.
24. Receive airfare discounts through American Airlines and Delta.
23.Take advantage of historically low hotel rates at The Venetian and The Palazzo for only $199 per night.
22. Kick off each day with live performances by the SMW House Band featuring Thomas Dolby and ETHEL.
21. Globally-impactful mobile leaders from the keynote lineup will share what's on their minds with you – including Stephen Elop, Bill McDermott, Dan Hesse, Dan Mead, Ralph de la Vega, Tom Wheeler & Tony Hsieh.
20. Learn from 300 speakers, 69 CTIA MobileTalks sessions, 50+ MobileCON Thought Leadership sessions and 22+ Signature Events.
19. The 2nd annual CIO Summit bringing together the top leaders in IT to explore the opportunities and challenges of mobile IT.
18 A two-day AT&T Car Home hackathon for developers to uncover new ideas, technology and applications in Connected Life.
17. Exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the people and technologies powering the next generation of mobility at CTIA MobileTalks, a format and setting that's as unconventional and disruptive as the mobile ecosystem itself.
16. Two exhibit floor stages for a one-of-a-kind learning, networking and demoing experience!
15. Pizza party and happy hour in MobileCON on September 10.
14. Meet Joe. Stop by the coffee shop in the all new Meeting Hub for a cup.
13. The value of more than 20 events in ONE—attend 4G World, IAPP's Foundations of Information Privacy, The Money Event, IEEE Training, Telco Data Summit Series, Tower Technology Summit, Wireless Repair Expo all in one place.
12. MobileCON—the bleeding edge of what's next in mobile IT—3 intense business-packed days designed for mobile IT pros, co-located with Super Mobility Week for the first time ever.
11. The world's largest M2M Pavilion. Over 70 exhibitors and almost 12,000 square feet of exhibits on the Internet of Things.
10. A glimpse into the world of robotics and drones and learn how they can make your business more efficient and profitable and you don’t have to have a million dollar budget to do it! Come see a live, working robot in action.
9. Free Headbones (while they last).
8. Everyone who's anyone will be there... from companies like: AT&T, Fry's Electronics, Ingram Micro, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, Koch Industries, Sprint, T-Mobile, UPS, Verizon, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart and Wells Fargo ... just to name a few.
7. CNBC is the official broadcast partner of Super Mobility Week hosting various events throughout the show.
6. Let our walls speak to you, allowing you to connect and share what's trending live! SMW will feature a Big Data Wall that will bring the power of big data to life on a 16 foot screen.
5. See the creativity and ingenuity that dominates the mobile industry in the CTIA Awards Showcase where the best of the best in emerging technology, mobile consumer devices and applications and mobile IT solutions come to life.
4. The SMW Show App—keep track of your schedule, navigate the event and network with fellow attendees.
3. Winning strategies will come to life and new products will be announced. Launched at the most strategic time of year, Super Mobility Week is just in time for the holiday season and 2015 business planning.
2. Las Vegas—the most exciting city to do business.
1. More deals for mobile will be done 9.9.2014 – 9.11.2014 than any other time of year. SMW offers a plethora of exclusive meeting areas including the VIP Club and the all-new Meeting Hub.
Read More http://attcarhomehackathon.com/